Sunday, October 3, 2010

VLCD 2 (Day 4)

So far, this has been much easier than when I no-carbed.  When doing the Atkins-type diet I felt extremely dizzy, lethargic, and felt as though I was in a cloud the whole day (for the first 3-4 days).  This time, I feel weak but have bursts of energy.  I don't feel dizzy.  I feel a little "cloudy" but mostly clear-headed.

I have lost 3 pounds so far.  I gained two during the two loading days.  Upon weighing myself this morning I discovered the 3 pounds lost from days 1-3.  This is day 4, and VLCD 2 (Very Low Calorie Day).  So, I basically have lost 1 pound so far.

The food has been really good, surprisingly.  We had mustard chicken and spinach for lunch, and grilled steak and tomatoes last night.  It was delicious.  Today we had shrimp and cabbage soup (seasoned with garlic and other herbs in chicken broth).  It was so good!  I don't feel deprived at meal times.  I have decided to eat the Grissini with my meals since I don't see it affecting my cravings or blood sugar.  The biggest thing I have felt a difference in is my hunger after 9pm.  We are used to snacking at night.  My stomach actually growled.  So, that will be a big change, but only for the better.

So far so good, and I'm feeling hopeful.  We did go for a family walk yesterday, and that tired me out.  I think these first few days will be harder than others, so I'm going to keep the exercise to a minimum until I get my energy back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...