Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Great Snack

I introduced my friend to freeze dried food when I took her to a local food storage store.  She says her kids are enjoying it and taking it for "on the go" snacks.  We have also enjoyed these, especially strawberries and pineapple.  I used to feed this to my kids when they were toddlers and needed snacks throughout the day.  They LOVED it, and it's a much better alternative to Fruit Loops and marshmallows.  Little to no mess, healthy, and tasty, a perfect snack for kids.  Now that my kids are big, it's great for snacks after school, on the go, in a trail mix, or rehydrate it and use it in meals.  It's great to have on hand.

My freeze dried broccoli came today, and I'm happy to add that to my food storage.  Broccoli is an ingredient in my Food Storage Meals.  I will eventually get my recipes posted.  I am working on a partly vegetarian 3 month supply of meals (Food Storage Meals), along with my 1 year supply of food.

2 comments:

  1. I would love some of your favorite food storage recipes. I just unpacked all of ours and thought, "I've really got to start using some of this stuff. I bet it would cut my grocery bill in half," but I don't really know what to do with it besides the obvious. (Make beans for dinner, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my plan. I want to eventually share what I have done to get it all in order. It will take some time, but I will gradually get my food storage section on my blog full of my ideas/solutions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...