Sunday, October 17, 2010

GCBC Week 2 (a little late)

I am doing a little General Conference Study "Book Club" online.  Week One is on Elder Holland's talk "Because of Your Faith."  He is my favorite apostle and always seem to get choked up every time he speaks.

He spoke of his love and gratitude to every member's efforts in the Church.  He acknowledged all of our sacrifices and love for one another.  I was touched by his recognition of even the "smallest" callings and how grateful he is to every person who serves.

We do laugh at some of the silly things we do, like making casseroles and green Jell-O, but those things brighten the day of so many who are in need.  Those little acts of service always make a difference, especially when you don't have the strength to move forward.  I have appreciated those little things along the way, especially when having babies.  It meant so much to have someone bring a warm meal.

I'm also grateful that the leaders of our church are praying for us.  I know I am blessed because the most spiritual people on this Earth, closest to God in his direction for us, are praying on my behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...