Sunday, October 17, 2010

GCBC Week 3

Sister Wixom's talk was a wonderful reminder to focus on my children and make sure to take advantage of every gospel teaching moment.

I loved this quote:

"The world will teach our children if we do not, and children are capable of learning all the world will teach them at a very young age. What we want them to know five years from now needs to be part of our conversation with them today. Teach them in every circumstance; let every dilemma, every consequence, every trial that they may face provide an opportunity to teach them how to hold on to gospel truths."

I know it is my responsibility to teach my children the gospel.  I am grateful for Church and that by taking them each Sunday I am giving them a gift to last a lifetime.  We have also been better about having Family Home Evening.  This effort and trying to pray and read scriptures more faithfully has also made a difference to the spirit in our home.

I can also testify to having dinner (at the dinner table) together as a family works miracles.  It has created such a wonderful feeling as we share our day with one another.  We share one thing we learned, and one way we served someone else.  I love to hear the kids' examples, and love reminding them of things they did to serve without realizing it.

At our last Family Home Evening we decided to do more activities as a family (the kids all felt we needed to do more).  One thing we decided was to "Spook" our ward members with treats and ringing their doorbell and running.  The kids LOVED it and it was so much fun.  Those little times together really make parenthood enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...