Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Weight Loss Story Part 1

I felt like I needed to document my weight loss story. So many people ask me about it, so I'm writing it all out, and then I'll throw in a few thoughts I've had on it. It's long so I will divide it into parts.

Through my sister-in-law, we had the opportunity to "try out" for the Biggest Loser t.v. show.  She had tried out before and made it on the show as an extra.  Because of that the show gave her a "front of the line pass" to come back and try out again.  She recruited my hubby, but they ended up liking a husband and wife team instead when they found out he had an overweight wife.  I was not keen on being on the show, but tried out for my husband's sake.  My sister-in-law was able to try out with a friend.  We all got on-camera interviews, but none of us made it on the show.  I was happy about not making it, but sad for my husband and sister-in-law.  They were both super excited about the opportunity. (This is the extremely condensed version of many months of our life.) The long version can be found here.

So, after eating freely with the prospects of being on Biggest Loser, and wanting to be as heavy as possible for the show's sake, we gained even more weight.  We were both miserable, and now with not making it on the show we were ready to diet hard core.  Plus, I was now officially 100 pounds overweight. This takes me to my first "phase."

Phase 1 - Conquering Addiction, & Handling Health Problems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...