Monday, November 1, 2010

Bountiful Baskets


This was our first experience with Bountiful Baskets Co-op.  We did the "traditional basket" and I added on two pumpkins.  I wasn't sure what was included in the traditional basket so I didn't add on anything besides the two pumpkins.  I should have added the Mexican combo (a bunch of great veggies for making salsa) and the 30 lbs. of green beans to can.  I thought I might get that stuff already, and didn't realize they were add-ons.  I thought one pumpkin was included in the basket so I only ordered 2 more.  Since we didn't have time to carve pumpkins it turned out ok, and I'll bake these pumpkins for puree.  All this in the photo was fresh and local where possible.  They even have organic weeks where everything is organic.  The cost - $15 for a traditional basket, $3 extra per pumpkin. Not bad I think, and we sure have enjoyed the fresh produce.  http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...