Saturday, January 22, 2011

Round 2 VLCD 4 (Day 6)

One pound lost yesterday and two today!  5 pounds total in 3 days.  I have basically been eating how I want but very carefully.  We went to Qdoba for lunch yesterday.  We wanted a place for a good salad, but also to experiment with eating out.  I had their fat-free spicy ranch dressing and about a tbsp. of sour cream on my salad.  It had beans and corn in it, grilled chicken, pico de gallo, and lettuce.  It was inside a deep fried shell.  I even ate about half the shell.  We also had Diet Coke with our lunch.  I also ate 2 eggs with salsa in the morning. Since I ate "a lot" (it still wasn't that much) I decided to go easy for dinner.  I had a small fillet of fish with broccoli.  No fat on any of that. I also had a low calorie pudding mousse cup for dessert.  I felt completely satisfied, was never hungry all day, and went to bed with no cravings.  I woke up to 2 pounds lost!

What I like so far about what I've been doing, is eating healthy but experimenting with foods that could possibly stall me.  So far no stall.  I'm eating much healthier as far as variety goes.  The small amounts of fats I've eaten have not been harmful in any way.  Of course my ultimate goal would be to never eat cooked oils again, but oils in small amounts is necessary for our diet.  I know my body needs a little.  The problem people can get into is overeating oils, along with eating them all cooked.  I definitely over-ate fats in general but I love healthy oils in my diet.

What I also like is the variety of foods I'm eating, along with not giving up beans.  I love legumes and hated cutting them out when doing my first round.  I don't want to go overboard with them right now, but I feel miserable not being able to eat them.  I prefer them over meat most of the time.

I've also been contemplating what foods I can and can't eat normally, along with amounts.  I'm trying to eat "the hcg way" but conform it to my normal way of eating.  I want to be able to stop hcg but it to feel like I never stopped.  The whole point of "dieting" is changing the way we eat.  I want to change how I eat now while taking hcg so it's easy to maintain for life.  The hcg diet is not a normal way of eating at all!  Very little variety with no fat or carbs is not healthy.  But, eating the small amounts, low fat meats, and eating fruit & veggies is a great thing.  My hope is to combine healthy eating with the good things about hcg.

I could be dreaming, but also hope this new plan works for me.  I don't feel deprived, I am eating very healthy (minus the pop), and love the variety (which is the most important thing to me I have realized).

Plus, I'm so happy!  I'm not miserable in my own skin anymore.  Happiness in general is really making this easier.  Life is soooooooo good.  Jeff and I do so much better when we do this together.  We each have tried to diet alone before and never do as good as when we do it together.  I also hated not making meals for my family and eating separately.  We eat together at the table most every night, and during my last round we didn't.  Partly because I planned and bought all kinds of foods I thought the kids would like (they even picked out some of it) that they could cook themselves.  But, they ended up wanting to eat everything we ate!  This time we are trying to combine as much as possible to keep our normal routines.  We love our family dinners and really want to keep it that way as much as possible.

So far so good, and hoping it continues to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...