Thursday, January 20, 2011

Round 2 VLCD 2 (Day 4)

I should have updated ages ago but here goes.  I gained back about 10 pounds after my first round.  The first 8 happened in the first 3 weeks after Phase 2 (the no carb 3 week time period known as Phase 3).  Basically, I was so sick of the blah food I'd been eating, even the smell of some of those foods made we want to vomit.  That coupled with Thanksgiving and Christmas means 8 pounds gained (I ate everything I wanted).  The last 2 pounds happened in the last week knowing I'd be starting another round and doing the fat loading.

The major difference I noticed between my first round and now is how my body reacts to junk food.  I can't eat it like I used to.  It makes me sick.  I have more of a limit.  I also don't gain instantly like I used to.  I was eating all kinds of crap during Christmas and didn't gain a pound.  I maintained amazingly well.

I do think the whole hcg plan did what it was supposed to with my metabolism.  I fat loaded fairly well this time, I think.  Hunger is not hitting me too hard in these first two days.  I was very hungry in my first go round.  It got better over time as my stomach shrunk, but this round already seems easier.

I plan to do a few things differently this time.  I don't plan to do 43 days, but will if I decide to shake things up with my menu consistently.  I'm experimenting with the menu this time.  I plan to eat most any vegetable I choose, but try to stay focused on the diet's recommendations.  I do plan to eat more fruit if I'm wanting it.  I plan to eat other types of meats but limit processed meats.  I plan to exercise, especially on days I deviate from the original diet.  I plan to avoid fats, but if I'm wanting a little salad dressing I'm going to eat it, just keep it minimal.

All this could totally lead to my downfall but I'm going to experiment.  My main problems with the whole hcg is not the amount of food we eat (it's actually a lot bigger on the plate than one might think), it has more to do with the lack of variety and taste.  That tad bit of olive oil in the pan when cooking makes a big difference.  I'm fine with eating low fat, but those healthy oils are what I tend to miss.  I don't even miss sugar as much as the oils.

So, today was the first day to see something on the scale.  Two pounds lost!  I probably could have lost 4 but chose to eat some of the pork roast and sweet potatoes I made for dinner last night.  All was very minimal and I didn't have a big appetite.  I had a small diet Dr. Pepper when out with the YW, and I also ate half a pepperoni stick later in the evening with my orange. The rest of the day I was perfect (fish and asparagus for lunch, and just water through out the day).

One other thing.... I was thinking about how my level of happiness has made an impact on my "need" to lose weight.  Before starting hcg I was miserable.  Now I'm just uncomfortable.  I want to get out of that and move toward "comfortable", but not in a huge rush like before.  The main reason is - I'm happy.  My husband loves me just the way I am, and I'm not miserable in my own skin.  I don't want to be like I am forever so I'm going to keep moving forward, but I'm not in a huge rush and want to make sure my eating habits are permanently changed along the way.  There were days during the holidays that I went completely back to the old ways of eating (sort of - I didn't eat the quantity, just all the same foods).  I want to make sure I have a handle on all that as I go.

The hcg way of eating is not healthy.  It works but I'm also wondering if it's too drastic.  It's so different than normal eating that it's hard to transition.  Well, maybe if I'd followed it like I should have that wouldn't be an issue.  Either way, I'm hoping to be more aware of those transitions this time, so it's easier to be aware of food choices.

I feel good overall and mostly concerned with making permanent healthy eating habits.  I want to be able to go to any restaurant and feel completely content by just ordering a healthy dish.  I want to be able to skip the bread at restaurants, avoid Caesar salads, avoid fries and other fried foods, avoid late night eating, eat small amounts of dessert, and more.  These are my goals for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...